Press Release: Company Re-location Strategy
AP Hydraulics is pleased to announce, as part of its long-term business development, the re-location of its current facilities.
Detailed planning for the forthcoming move is complete and will involve re-locating all operations & support functions within the existing AP Group site at Leamington Spa.
This notice is to formally advise all customers and suppliers of this forthcoming activity.
After successful completion of the re-location, we shall be pleased to welcome customers and suppliers to visit the new facility.
- To employ manufacturing processes appropriate to today’s automotive market needs, supported by re-investment in key product areas e.g. Caliper machining.
- Review (and rationalise) current business processes/layout, as part of the continual improvement process, to maximise effectiveness and ensure market expectations are met.
- To further promote “simultaneous engineering” within the company by improved integration of the product development and manufacturing processes.
- Consolidate from 5 separate locations all of AP Hydraulics current Manufacturing, Stores, Engineering & Administration activities into a single building.
- The building will be shared with Automotive Products (UK) Ltd, but the businesses will continue to be run as completely autonomous units, with independent facilities and services.
- Current Telephone/Fax numbers and E-mail addresses will be retained.
- Manufacturing operations will re-locate progressively starting in November 2000 and be completed by June 2001.
- Engineering, Sales & Administration function(s) will re-locate in March 2001.
- All existing Quality & Engineering processes and systems will be maintained during the period of re-location. This shall include the full re-commissioning of manufacturing processes, and product re-validation, where appropriate, to ensure continued product integrity.
- Planning for logistics support during this period is complete including the provision of stock to ensure zero disruption.
AP Hydraulics is dedicated to the application & development of class leading Automotive Braking Hydraulics, Actuation & Fluid-handling product solutions.
We will be happy to discuss in more detail individual product areas, and we shall make periodic updates on the overall programme of re-location as we progress.
On behalf of AP Hydraulics Ltd.
Commercial & Engineering Director
Wednesday 22 November, 2000 1:34 PM